By Katie Cunningham
Get sensible instructions for making your site available to individuals with disabilities. With this guide, you’ll find out how to layout or increase a domain that conforms to part 508 of the united states Rehabilitation Act—and within the method you’ll observe easy methods to offer a greater consumer adventure for everyone.
The Accessibility Handbook introduces you to a number of audiences that experience hassle utilizing today’s advanced web content, together with individuals with blindness, listening to loss, actual disabilities, and cognitive problems. easy methods to aid assistive applied sciences, and comprehend which fonts, colours, web page layouts, and different layout components paintings best—without having to exclude complex features, rent outdoors aid, or considerably raise overhead.
Develop options that accommodate:
- Complete blindness. Create a logical record movement to aid reveal readers
- Low imaginative and prescient and colour blindness. Optimize pictures and colour schemes, and make sure your website enlarges gracefully
- Hearing impairment. supply video captions and visible indicators for interactive features
- Physical disabilities. Make varieties, popups, and navigation more straightforward to use
- Cognitive disorders. Adapt fonts and textual content types for dyslexic clients, and layout constant, well-organized pages for individuals with ADHD
Read or Download Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites PDF
Similar user experience & usability books
Ergonomisch gestaltete Medizintechnik führt zu effizienteren Arbeitsabläufen, erhöht die Patientensicherheit und reduziert die Arbeitsbelastung der Anwender. Gebrauchstaugliche Geräte verbessern die Anwenderakzeptanz und werden daher beim Kauf neuer Produkte bevorzugt. Das Buch erläutert für Studium und Praxis, wie Medizintechnik möglichst optimum an die Bedürfnisse der Nutzer und Anwender angepasst werden kann.
This quantity addresses the rising quarter of human computation, The chapters, written via major overseas researchers, discover present and destiny possibilities to mix the respective strengths of either people and machines as a way to create robust problem-solving services. The e-book bridges clinical groups, shooting and integrating the original point of view and achievements of every.
This quantity explores how context has been and will be utilized in computing to version human behaviors, activities and communications in addition to to control info and data. It addresses context administration and exploitation of context for sharing event throughout domain names. The booklet serves as a user-centric consultant for readers wishing to boost context-based functions, in addition to an highbrow reference at the inspiration of context.
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the eighth InternationalConference on Interactive electronic Storytelling, ICIDS 2015, held in Copenhagen, Denmark, in November/December 2015. The 18 revised complete papers and thirteen brief papers provided including 9posters, nine workshop descriptions, and three demonstration papers have been rigorously reviewed and selected from eighty submissions.
- Instant VMware View Virtualization How-to
- Systems and Human Science - For Safety, Security and Dependability: Selected Papers of the 1st International Symposium SSR 2003, Osaka, Japan, November 2003
- Semantic Keyword-based Search on Structured Data Sources: First COST Action IC1302 International KEYSTONE Conference, IKC 2015, Coimbra, Portugal, September ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Anwendungen und Technik von Near Field Communication (NFC) (German Edition)
- Mensch und Fahrzeug: Fahrzeugführung und sanfte Technik (ATZ/MTZ-Fachbuch) (German Edition)
Additional info for Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites
Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites by Katie Cunningham